Oregon is full of beautiful places to camp and hike. But you may know that it can be quite rainy as well, and chilly in the winter months. Well luckily many Oregon State Parks have amazing cabins and yurts that you can stay in. Check out a few of our favorites.
Sleep in a Cabin or Yurt in Oregon
Oregon State Parks have rustic cabins and yurts available to rent as well as more deluxe models.
The deluxe versions have kitchens, bathrooms and showers while the rustic versions do not. All have several beds and sleep from 4 to 6 people. They also have heat and electricity!
Do you like to camp with your dog or even your cat? Some of the cabins and yurts even allow pets.
All you need to bring along with you to these cabins and yurts is your clothing, bedding and anything you need for cooking.
If you are looking for something different check out the teepees for rent. They have foam mattresses and electricity.
Right now 30 of the Oregon State Parks have cabin, yurt or teepee facilities for rent. Some of our favorites include:
- Harris Beach State Park: a beautiful beachside campground with fabulous rock formations on the shore
- Silver Falls State Park: an amazing waterfall that you can walk behind and a pretty campground in the forest
- Cove Palisades State Park: boaters will enjoy staying in this park with access to a lake
- South Beach State Park: located next to Newport, this park has a paved path for cycling and a creek for kayaking. You can even visit nearby Rogue Ales!
- Sunset Bay State Park has a long sandy beach and tall seaside cliffs as well as miles of hiking trails
The teepees, yurts and cabins are priced from $40-100 per night. Check the rates and reserve on the Oregon State Parks website.