Does your mom love to travel? Or maybe you are looking for a gift for your wife, sister or friend – the favorite mother in your life. Well, here are some awesome ideas for gifts for a busy mom who enjoys a good vacation.
15 Awesome Mothers Day Gifts for Moms Who Love to Travel
1. Travelers should always keep a travel journal to record their thoughts and impressions. A Moleskin notebook makes a classic gift that mom would love, especially when paired with a lovely personalized pen. Or check out the darling I Was Here: Travel Journal for the Curious Minded. A nice gift that goes with a travel journal is a set of fineliner markers in fun colors like these.
2. If the favorite mother in your life is a frequent traveler who loves getting into the thick of things, a theft proof purse is a great gift idea. That way she doesn’t have to worry about getting pickpocketed or having her purse snatched when sightseeing. Check out the Travelon Crossbody or read about some of the top brands here.
3. A portable charger for gadgets like smartphones and cameras is something no traveler should be without. Get your mom a useful gift of a power bank like this one so she can comment on your social media even when she’s out of town.
4. Long plane rides can be rough on the skin. Puffy eyes and dry tired skin are not what you want to see in your vacation photos. This eye mask and refreshing moisturizing facial spray would make a perfect combination for a Mothers Day gift to rejuvenate after that international flight.
5. Let mom protect her passport in style with this RFID blocking passport holder. You can even get one that will also charge your mobile phone and hold credit cards like this one.
6. Did your Mom take an amazing trip recently? Perhaps she’d like to remember her vacation with some travel art for her walls. Check out these awesome hand-drawn maps from Jordan Sondler or beautiful photography by Annie Montgomery.
7. Even if mom is a seasoned traveler she might not have the perfect plug adapter for every destination. This handy worldwide plug adapter would make a great Mothers Day gift for a lady who loves international holidays.
8. Did you know that you can give Airbnb gift cards? What a wonderful present for a mom who likes to stay in unique apartments on her travels. Check out the gift cards here and if you aren’t yet an Airbnb member you can use this link to register and save up to $37 off your first reservation! Another related idea is booking a hotel for them or giving them a voucher to use anytime.
9. An ebook reader like the new Kindle Oasis is a wonderful travel accessory. If Mom already has a Kindle, you could consider giving her a gift card or sending your favorite ebooks via email. This is a great option if you need a last minute gift and can’t wait for shipping!
10. Above we mentioned that a voucher for Airbnb or a few nights at a nice hotel would be a wonderful gift. But if Mom can’t spare the time for a weekend getaway, what about booking her a retreat at a local spa. Many hotel spas have packages where a busy Mom can spend the whole day getting pampered, relaxing by the pool or dining at the hotel restaurant. It’s the perfect staycation that might satisfy that itch to escape even when she can’t get away.
11. A fabulous hanging toiletry bag is always a good idea for those ladies who love to carry lots of lotions, potions and cosmetics when they travel. This one has a cool pattern and folds up to keep everything organized from toothpaste to lipsticks.
12. Get Mom inspired for her next trip with fascinating travel tales. Books about travel are perfect for those times in between trips. Check out popular travelogues like Going Local and Steps Out of Time. You could also get her a comprehensive guidebook for her next destination. I like the ones from Rick Steves or Monocle.
13. If your mother is taking a trip to a destination with great train access you can reserve her a rail pass or train ticket so that she can explore more. Or if Mom is a super fan of trains, you can even book her an exotic trip on the Orient Express or to Machu Picchu.
14. Does Mom love historical tours, museums or is she a huge foodie? Book her a guided tour for her next destination. If she’s a foodie she’ll love Culinary Backstreets and if she goes gaga for sightseeing you can book a huge variety of activities and tours on Get Your Guide. Use the code “WKNDGD” to get 5% off Culinary Backstreets food tours.
15. Help Mum recall her last holiday with creativity. Enroll her in an online art class teaching her how to make a travel journal or draw her own map. Skillshare has amazing classes on all kinds of topics from travel photography to travel journaling. Mom will love learning a new skill!
I hope these Mothers Day gifts for travelers helps you find the perfect present for your favorite moms!
You might also like these posts:
- 10 Fun Things To Do in Santa Cruz
- The Weekend Guide to San Diego
- Fun Hotels in Palm Springs
- 10 Cool Things To Do in Big Sur
- Guide to Urban Composting
- Fun Things To Do in Central California
- 13 Weird Things To Do in Las Vegas
- Sailing Instagram Accounts to Inspire You
- The Weekend Guide to Cordoba
- How (and why) to try forest bathing